Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Tuesday Before Iowa State

We have some pretty good content today. The first from the DMN, where Tim McMahon has some pretty sobering numbers on the vaunted Texas Tech passing attack. The one negative that I'll point out is that Tim mentions that the modest numbers provided are swayed by the SE Louisiana drubbing, but there would be teams like this in each year, not just this year, so it's really not a fair exception. Nevertheless, Leach is confident that Harrell just has some growing pains to go through (which I believe wholeheartedly).

Leach also admitted that it was a mistake to replace Harrell. Quite frankly, I'm glad that he made the admission. I never understood why, I guess it's always a case of the grass is greener on the other side, fans think that the head coach doesn't know who to play at quarterback. I've got to imagine that Leach, who's seen his fair share of quarterbacks knows a thing or two about talent. I will continue to believe that Leach knows what he's doing, especially with the quarterbacks. We just have to be patient.

The DMN also has some notes regarding the strides the Texas Tech pass defense is making, but is quick to point out the struggling run defense. Something needs to be done about the run defense, I would start with tackling.

In a LAJ notebook, Leach is quoted about the Harrell decision:
"Graham's our quarterback," Leach said, "and I probably shouldn't have pulled him (Saturday). I thought it was more disruptive than positive. I thought it was (a) good (move) the Missouri game. I don't think it was smart this last game."
I like a coach who isn't afraid to make some mistakes, especially with a struggling team. I also like a coach who realizes his mistakes after the fact.

Don Williams (LAJ) has a nice article about the lack of this team being a cohesive unit. There's a lot of good quotes here that I'll have to breakdown when I have a little more time.

I like this note about Leach and chicken fighting from the DMN College blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home