Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Monday Notes

Okay, it's been two days and I've had a little time to think about the game. I was thoroughly disappointed with the way that Tech played overall, but here are a couple of notes:

Offense:
  • Harrell just can't do that. I know that Leach came out today and said that Harrell is in place for the duration, but Tech has to have the next two games. Harrell has got to look off his receivers, look down the field, the receivers have got to react. This is football and they have to adjust. I thought giving Harrell a break was really nice and Todd is going to be a really good quarterback.
  • Why is Hicks getting more looks? He's probably the best receiver on the team. Granted Missouri was completely clogging up the middle and they way they played reminded me of TCU in the sense that they were a very athletic defense. Tech needs to adjust, they're too talented at the skill positions not to do so.
  • The offensive line was not at it's best. The run blocking was pretty good, but there were times that Vasquez looked really slow. I have to believe that having a completely healthy lineman out there would have been better than Vasquez. I blame to coaches for that and not Vasquez.
Defense:
  • Like I said yesterday, the defense had a lot of passion, but that didn't translate to a great game. They came out over-pursuing and trying to knock the crap out of everyone. The problem with this is that Daniels is a great equalizer when a team is too aggressive and he really made Tech pay for it. Once Tech realized they needed to contain Daniels he abused our secondary.
  • For all of the complaining, I just did, the defense held up well for the most part and realistically the 14 points given away in the 2nd quarter were a result of the offense and not the defense.
There really aren't any articles to post, as usual. In fact there's the above referenced articles one other one from the DMN and that's about it. Not even the LAJ has anything ground-breaking.

For the record, I believe that Tech needs to rebound these next two games and hold on for the Texas game. Tech has a great chance to beat OU and OSU, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Before I started this blog I always believed that Tech was an 8-4 team this year. Tech only gets 2 more losses for me to hit my prediction. Don't let me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home