Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Friday Updates

The biggest news is that two Texas Tech starters are out for Saturday's game (there's much more information in the LAJ article).

First, I previously signed up for to have the privilege to view RedRaiderSports. I thought I would be able to view some things for free. I finally decided that it was an extreme beating to go to the website to only then be denied once you were teased with a headline. That's some of the reason why I'm writing this blog. Don't get me wrong, I have a passion for this, but I don't want to charge people for something that can normally be provided for free. So when I got the email from RedRaiderSports I was intrigued, but I knew that within the hour I'd find out who was being benched and why.

So, what do these suspensions mean? My initial thought is that Johnson's suspension is not a good sign. I've never thought Johnson to be a bad kid, but let's not forget that he left the program when he was told that he wasn't going to run the offense. I have to wonder if his semi-stardom as a WR led to him thinking that he was a little bigger than the team? Of course this is all speculation and I have no way of knowing exactly what's transpired, but as a complete outsider that's all I can really figure. Leach seems to intimate that Johnson's attitude has kept him from this game and it will be Johnson's attitude that will keep him out of future games.

The LAJ Notebook has some notes on starters being more involved with the special teams after the A&M kickoff touchdown return. Some additional information on Todd Walker, he's been practicing at both the split end and flanker position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home