Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Thursday Night

I will not be around to post a game day thread as I'm going out of town for the weekend. The DVR is set to record the game and I have made arrangements to watch the game.

The DMN has had better coverage than the LAJ, which seems odd, and has a nice article on Hicks' return. We actually get some quotes from Hicks himself and he talks about earning his job, which after watching the TCU fiasco, this shouldn't be too difficult. Chip Brown, I guess, is going to be covering the Big 12 from this point forward and he writes about the young Big 12 quarterbacks, being led by Harrell, McGee and Chase Daniel, from MU.

A Q and A session from the LAJ, but I would expect with a game this big this weekend that we'd have a few more features from the LAJ.

Tim Griffin from the EN, is predicting another Tech victory, albeit a very close one. He notes that one of the keys to victory is that Tech has played two very tough road games already. I tend to agree with this notion. A new writer from the EN, Brent Zwerneman, at least to me, talks how this game is very important to Franchione. Is it possible he pushes his team a little too much this week?

The Chronicle has an article about how A&M hopes to stop Tech. I often believe that in games like this commentators generally like to say, "It's Tech's offense against a A&M's defense." Typically, I tend to take the opposite approach. It's not the Tech offense I'm worried about, despite TCU, it's the Tech defense and their ability to stop the run. Conversely, I wouldn't be that worried about A&M's defense as they clearly have talent, but rather, whether the offense has enough to keep A&M off the field. In other words, it's the weakness of the team that's the key because that's the one variable.

Finally, from the DMN college blog, my favorite source of news, is about Michael Crabtree and how he's tearing up the Thursday scrimmages. This seems insignificant, but Tech doesn't have a choice about reloading WR's next year. We need some special WR's to really make this offense click. They're hoping that he will be able to play basketball this year. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home