Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Friday Night

We have one early preview from the Waco Tribune, which is purely a Baylor preview, nevertheless, I have a feeling that we have some names to key our eyes on as the game is played. Much of this game depends upon Blake Szymanski to continue what Bell was doing throughout the year. I'm a little worried that Tech won't get the pressure on him that could really turn the game in Tech's favor. I'd also like to see Tech really run the ball, control the clock, etc. However, I realize that you are what you are, and I don't want Texas Tech straying too far from what we do well. Let Harrell loose.

My favorite article of the day is from Tim McMahon where he writes about the Baylor offensive assistant coaches who learned the offense from Tech over the past two years while coaching at West Texas A&M.

In the LAJ notebook there's some interesting news:
  1. 1. I was beginning to wonder about Chris Cunnigan, a WR from Wills Point, which is not far from where I live. Apparently he's leaving the team, which is a little disappointing as I seemed to remember him being a pretty nice recruit. I never even heard him mentioned in the WR mix throughout the year. His leaving the team is not a discipline problem, but it's always strange when a player leaves during the middle of the football season.
  2. 2. Leach is not worried about the running game. Neither am I. I think we have talented running backs, but we could probably stand to get them the ball a little more despite Leach's protests.
Don Williams of the LAJ writes a nice article about the progress of the Red Raider freshmen. The players I'm most excited about next year are obviously Crabtree, the way the coaches talk, he's going to be special. If LB Brian Duncan has speed and can tackle, then I'm excited about him. I also think it's really smart for Tech to get more defensive players some time on the field. Depth is a good thing, I'll have to keep an eye on Ward, Jones and Henley, maybe they'll get some time this weekend.

Previews tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home