Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Thursday Night

This and this was two of the three articles on RedRaiders.com. Seriously, this is the second biggest game of the season and that's all we get from them. Amazing. Luckily, we get a mailbag and it had a question about the ninja offense, which is something I had completely forgotten. From what I remember, there are three offensive linemen, a quarterback, a running back and two sets of three wide receivers. Leach explains that this package is dependent upon the personnel of a team, and I guess we don't have the personnel.


Terrence Harris of the Chronicle details the offensive woes this year, rehashing the idea that it was a number of facts, not just Harrell. I do like this last quote from Leach: "I think he's comparable to all of them. There are some things he does better," Leach said. "But it's an adjustment for everybody."

I was going to link the two DMN articles, but thought I shouldn't waste anyone's time. It's not worth it to go to the DMN today and probably not tomorrow. Tim MacMahon was busy writing this article about small-town Texas quarterbacks.

The Statesman has one of the two best articles of today. Cedric Golden was able to talk with Kliff Kingsbury about the trials and tribulations of being a Tech quarterback. Reminding Harrell that he went through the same things.
"I always want to see where his head is when we talk," Kingsbury said. "I went through some of the same deals he's gone through this season — the booing, the discontent from the fans and all the extra attention, when I was a sophomore. I tell him all the time that everything will be all right if you keep progressing."

Jimmy Burch's FWST article discusses the inability of UT to break any big runs, which surprised the heck out of me. Only 3 runs for more than 2o yards for the entire season, and two of those runs came last week against Nebraska. Burch gives Tech a definite chance in light of UT's injured defensive front. We'll see, I'm still not sold on Tech being able to stop the run, but if Tech can focus on this then I like our chances. Burch predicts a close game, UT 34, Texas Tech 28.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home