Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Baylor 21, Texas Tech 55

Some early notes from today's game:
  • Incredible pressure against a redshirt QB. I really thought that this was the key to victory. Szymanski was sacked 6 times, but he had a ton of pressuer all day long. The other wonderful thing was that it only took the 4 down linemen, very few blitzes.
  • Harrell was very impressive. The one interception was bad. He threw it into double coverage. Other than that excellent job. I thought that Filani played the role of Hicks as he sat out today's game. Filani stretched the field and did it show up in the box score.
  • Shannon Woods finally got the touches I'd like to see him get. 10 rushes and 8 receptions. Honestly, in a win like this I'd like to see more rushes than 19, but that's being a little picky.
  • The offensive line played very well. Harrell seemed to have plenty of time to make all of the necessary throws, especially all of the deep throws. I've always thought that despite the offense is a spread offense, the real key is stretching the field.

I'll be able to post quite a bit more once I'm at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home